Why Offshore Wind?
NOF members have already successfully capitalised from the huge potential offered through diversifying into Offshore Wind.
Key facts and considerations:
• EUR 513bn total spend between 2023 and 2028
• EUR 210bn in Europe between 2023 and 2028
• EUR 104bn in APAC (excl. China at EUR 132bn) between 2023 and 2028
• EUR 68bn in Americas between 2023 and 2028
• UK currently has 45 operational projects with 97 planned (currently)
• UK has the largest projects pipeline (outside of China)
• EMEA is the region with the largest operational and route to market secured capacity. It is also the region forecasted to have the largest proportion of installed capacity by 2032- 182 GW out of the total 363 GW.
• UK is striving for 60% UK content
• CfD auctions every two years, visible pipeline of projects
• Over 360 GW of offshore wind capacity is forecasted to be operational by 2032.
• UK expertise has huge export potential
• Floating wind offers immense future opportunities through the utilisation of UK oil & gas deepwater expertise
385 MW of floating offshore wind capacity is currently installed or has secured a route to market. The UK, Norway and France remain the key market leaders in the floating offshore wind sector.
• Developers & contractors are keen to identify new suppliers from other industries
• Diversification into other industries such as offshore wind helps reduce business risk
• Many of your existing clients such as the Oil & Gas majors and their contractors are embracing offshore wind, work with them to help with your route to market
• Offshore wind will play a key role in energy transition & the journey to net zero, play your part and follow the market...
*Please note this is a member only service and access to the database carries an annual subscription charge and is in addition to the NOF membership subscription fee.