Why Offshore Wind?
Many members have already successfully capitalised from the huge potential offered through diversifying into offshore wind.
Key facts and considerations:
• EUR 153bn total spend between 2021 and 2025
• EUR 98bn in Europe (64% of total)
• EUR 33bn in APAC (excl. China) (22% of total)
• EUR 22bn in Americas (14% of total)
• UK is a world leader & has the largest operational fleet (9.2GW)
• UK currently has 41 operational projects with 34 planned (currently)
• UK has the largest projects pipeline (outside of China)
• UK has an ambition of 40GW by 2030
• UK is striving for 60% UK content
• CfD auctions every two years, visible pipeline of projects
• Globally there is a 300GW projects pipeline (16 GW pipeline for floating)
• UK expertise has huge export potential
• There has been 30% annual growth since 2010, this will only increase
• Floating wind offers immense future opportunities through the utilisation of UK oil & gas deepwater expertise
• Developers & contractors are keen to identify new suppliers from other industries
• Diversification into other industries such as offshore wind helps reduce business risk
• Many of your existing clients such as the Oil & Gas majors and their contractors are embracing offshore wind, work with them to help with your route to market
• Offshore wind will play a key role in energy transition & the journey to net zero, play your part and follow the market...