After 12 months of extensive research and development, Slingco are delighted to launch their new range of cable socks. Bringing you peace of mind with high-volume project capacity, quick availability, full testing details, and forty years experience.
Slingco have developed these marine cable pulling socks for installation of inter-array and export cables for offshore wind farms. The new socks have expanded ranges to suit common cable sizes used in offshore applications and have increased break loads. All of the new socks have a new ‘two over / two under double weave’ on the lattice which tightens up the angle of deflection over the end of the cable.
Slingco offers an extensive range of marine and hose restraint cable socks for onshore and offshore cable installation, including the support of cables inside wind turbines and general cable management.
- Single Eye, Double Eye, Lace Up Cable Socks
- Max Break Load 10Te – 90Te+
- Galvanised, Stainless and Aramid Socks
- Complete range to suit Cable OD range 10mm-350mm+
- Test reports & certification
- Large project delivery
- Quick availability
- 40+ years’ experience
- Award winning company
Slingco also manufacture a speciality heavy duty cable socks, suitable for large underwater pulls. Galvanised steel construction for extremely heavy duty large diameter pulls. Single eye, double eye and lace up. Sizes range from 100mm (4″) to over 355mm (14″).
Marine cable socks are designed, manufactured and tested to exacting standards to ensure safe and reliable operation under the most challenging condition
FEATURES OF NEW SLINGCO MARINE CABLE SOCKS
- Cable range of 90mm to 285mm
- Break load tested and independently witnessed at Lloyds Register
- Manufactured to high quality standards in the UK
- Length has now been standardised from 2.5m to 3.5m
- Loadings have increased by 30%
WHY SLINGCO FOR MARINE CABLE PULLING SOCKS?
- Award winning UK manufacturing facility produces between 2,500 to 6,000 cable socks per month
- Options such as Thimble eye, Shoulders, and Anodes are now available on request (manufactured to order), as are stainless steel cable socks and aramid cable socks, both of which have better corrosion resistance for prolonged subsea lay down durations
- Range of non metallic socks made from high strength aramid fibre, with UV coating for fibre optic offshore applications
- We have an impeccable track record, with recent projects including: Kincardine, EastAnglia1 &2, Borssele 1 & 2, Hornsea 1 & 2, Akita, Triton Knoll, Hornsea 2, Moray East, St Nazaire, Dolwin 6, Ostwind 2
- Slingco are DEME & NKT approved supplier for Dogger Bank A & B, the world’s largest wind farm – array cable installation due to start this year
CABLE SOCKS & PULLING PRODUCTS LV MV HV
Thorne & Derrick distribute a complete range of Cable Pulling Products to support the safe installation of LV, MV & HV cables into underground ducts, conduits and trenches – this includes products to enable safe cable drum handling, lifting and support for cables operating at LV, 11kV/33kV medium voltage (MV), 66kV/132kV high voltage (HV) and EHV transmission and distribution cables up to 400kV.
We service the Power Transmission & Distribution industry in the wind, solar, rail, oil/gas, data centre, battery storage and utility sectors.
This includes standard Pulling, Laying & Stringing Products for underground cables, subsea umbilicals and overhead line conductors and also innovations such as Catchblock – a patented overhead line catenary roller system that guarantees that, if a conductor breaks during the stringing process, there will be no need to obtain road or rail possession. This also means reduced need for scaffolding, reduced risk of an accident and an overall more efficient operation.