The Offshore Wind Growth Partnership (OWGP) has issued its next funding call, with a total funding pot of £3M for projects that will result in market-ready solutions to accelerate offshore wind consenting and site development activities. This includes post-consenting activities like ongoing survey work, monitoring and mitigation activities. The call is open to a wide range of proposals across the existing supply chain and beyond, to fund projects that will overcome challenges associated with offshore wind site development and support the growth of UK businesses in terms of an increase in UK content, jobs, turnover and/or exports in the offshore wind sector.
Grants of £25,000 to £100,000 are available to UK businesses for projects that will lead to the commercialisation of products, services, and technologies that will accelerate and optimize offshore wind consenting and ongoing site development.The call is open to a wide range of proposals across the existing offshore wind supply chain and beyond.
Project focus areas can include (but are not limited to):
- New survey technologies
- Seabed survey techniques, products, and/or services (Geotechnical/Geophysical/hydrographical)
- Environmental surveys/impact assessments
- Marine Mammal
- Ongoing monitoring, mitigation and compensation
- Data analysis techniques
- Data sharing platforms
- Technologies to optimize scoping/site selection
- Nature inclusive/environmentally friendly designs.
- Call opens: 6th September 2021
- Online Briefing Event: 16th September 2021 from 2:00pm – 3:00pm, You can register for this webinar HERE
- Application deadline: 29th October 2021 at 5:00pm
- Applicants Notified: on or before 17th December 2021
- Project Start Date: on or before 1st April 2021